Removing the Doctrinal Obstacles
to Calvinistic Evangelism
by Mitch Cervinka
Hypercalvinism Contrasted with Evangelical Calvinism
Arg 1: Denies Predestination
Arg 2: Denies Total Depravity
Arg 3: Denies Grace
Arg 4: Denies Particular Redemption
Arg 5: One must know he is elect before he can trust in Christ
The Gospel Call is Addressed to Elect and Non-elect Alike
What is not intended by the 'Universal Call'
"... you are unwilling to come to Me that you may have life."
The Value and Efficacy of the Atonement
1. Not a genuine call to the non-elect?
2. Did Christ die for the non-elect?
3. Christ's death is of sufficient value for all.
4. What does it mean to say that "Christ died for your sins?"
5. The atonement transcends time.
6. God knew from all eternity who would come to Christ.
The Relation of Faith to Grace
A House with No Doors
Effectual Calling and Regeneration
What about the "Universal Passages"?
Was John Gill a Hypercalvinist?